Wednesday, March 11, 2009

All things Scottish

I'm loving all things Scottish at the moment because The man who is buying my house is a Scot.
We have a few Scottish artists here at Artfire, so I would like to introduce you to them.


First of we have Alibalijewellery she hails from Edinburgh. And she makes some of the most exquisite jewelry. Checkout this really beautiful cuff made from crocheted fine silver wire and fastened with a sterling silver hook. It would be perfect for a special occasion or simply wear it every day!





Next on the list is Trinket.Tree and she is from Fife. I thought this mellow yellow spiral brooch made from pure Merino wool & a raised black & gray hand dyed felt, was perfect for spring. Trinket tree offers Free shipping worldwide on her handmade brooches & FREE GIFT with every order.




And Finally we have TheSheriffsDaughter, another Scottish Lassie from Edinburgh. And she really is the daughter of a sheriff. She is also a solicitor however she says, "Of late I have been finding that beading is far more satisfying than law... " go figure look at these beautiful salmon berry earrings.

4 comments:

Captain Skulduggery Dug said...

Great choices Fluff!

Moonstone said...

I love your Scottish choices !! You can also see them at www.moonstone.tumblr.com , they deserve an extra bit of attention !

Cat said...

I wish I knew how to say in Scottish how beautiful these things are :-)

The Sheriff's Daughter said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments about us Scottish girls!

One way you might say beautiful in Scottish is "bonny" of course, but you could also say "braw". I can't think of any more right now (or should that be "I cannae think 'o ony mair richt noo" ?!)

Cheers!
Alison (The Sheriff's Daughter)